The Saint Louis Triumph Owners Association (SLTOA) is a group of British car enthusiasts who come together under the Triumph Marque. We enjoy good food, the occasional brew and/or cocktail, good company, and good drives.
Please look around our website to see what we have to offer the Triumph community and if you can find the time visit us at one of our monthly meetings or other gatherings which are posted in our events area, by all means come on by!
Visitors are always welcome!
| Update on Club Activities due to Coronavirus Pandemic:
As of late-August, Missouri has been slowly easing restrictions. But, due to a recent upswing of Covid19 cases, this might change. On the Illinois side of the river, things have not changed over the past few weeks.
We’re going to resume posting events from roughly mid-May onward, pending an actual loosening of the restrictions. Again, we strongly recommend monitoring for announcements of postponements or cancellations. Realistically, it could be mid-August or later before gatherings such as car shows are authorized. As the situation changes, our web masters will post the information to all members and on the SLTOA web page.
Missouri guidance: https//governor.mo.gov/stay-at-home-Missouri-order-guidance-and-frequently-asked-questions
Illinois guidance: https://www2.illinois.gov/pages/executive-orders/executiveorder2020-10.aspx
Cancellations Due to Coronavirus:
Rescheduled Events (new dates shown):
- Excellence Executed - TR4 first-ever Triumph Register of America restoration perfect score: Richard Lentinello in the July 2020 issue of Hemmings Classic Car documented the restoration of a 1961 TR4 that made history when it won best in show by achieving a perfect 100-point score at the Triumph Register of America national convention in Blowing Rock, North Carolina, in 2018. It was the first time since the club was founded in 1974 that not a single point was deducted during the judging process. Perfection had indeed finally won the day. This is a two part article with both parts being released publicly on their website this month. Click here to view Part 1, here to view Part 2.
- SLTOA Build a Brit Contest Results In: The winners of the SLTOA Build a Brit contest were announced. Dave Massey was awarded the 1st place certificate and prize of a premium 20 piece Color Marker Set, Michael Bakalor was awarded the 2nd place certificate and a set of Jot Safety Scissors, and Maria Moore was awarded a 3rd Place certificate and the prize of Crayola Washable (and we believe edible) Glue Sticks. Click here to view the entries and certificates awarded.
- International Drive Your Triumph Day: Thanks to all those who have participated in the International Drive Your Triumph Day and submitted photos. Photos are now published on https://driveyourtriumphday.shutterfly.com/984.
- 6-Pack TR250/TR6 Owners Group Annual Meeting Photos: Congratulations to Kevin Blume, event coordinator and the entire 6-Pack TRials organization for making the annual meeting in St. Louis event a great success. Our SLTOA organization was asked to pitch in and support a number of activities and made our club and area shine during the event. Great job! Click here to visit the 6-Pack TRials website photo gallery of the event. I am sure we will see a recap in the next Exhaust Notes.
- Hemmings - A sports car classic turns 50: Remembering Triumph's TR6: Hemmings posted this interesting article about the TR6 anniversary on the web. Click here to view the article.
SLTOA Monthly Meeting
Tuesday, September 15, 2020
Due to a recent increased number of Covid-19 cases, the majority of the executive committee has opted to hold a Zoom Meeting for the September Monthly Meeting instead of gathering in person.. The Zoom meeting will be at our usual time of 7:00 PM on September 15, 2020.
Zoom Meeting details will be sent out to all SLTOA Members by SLTOA Alert email.
SLTOA No-Show Drive
Saturday, September 19, 2020
No ABCCS this year, let’s get out and drive! Starts at Fast Lane Classic Cars, MO 370 and MO
94, driver’s meeting at 11:30 AM. Departure at 12:00 PM. Figure on about 25 miles, winding up at
the Heidmann Picnic Shelter at Creve Coeur Lake Memorial Park for lunch. Bring your own food
and drinks; open to all and any type/model of car.
The event will abide by Social Distancing recommendations, require masks (except when not congregating closely or eating) to make sure those in attendance can meet safely and enjoy live contact.
Directions and Map
See Events page to view details on all events (national/regional, metro, competition, and other types of events) not listed.
2020 July Sweatfest
(also known as the SLTOA Social Distancing Drive)
Saturday July 18, 2020
Click on any of the images below to view an album of photos from the event. Feel free to download any photos.
See our Events Page to view ALL Events
and Archived Photo Albums