The Saint Louis Triumph Owners Association (SLTOA) is a group of British car enthusiasts who come together under the Triumph Marque. We enjoy good food, the occasional brew and/or cocktail, good company, and good drives.
Please look around our website to see what we have to offer the Triumph community and if you can find the time visit us at one of our monthly meetings or other gatherings which are posted in our events area, by all means come on by!
Visitors are always welcome!
Cancellations Due to Coronavirus:
Rescheduled Events (new dates shown):
Post-Dispatch updates as of May 16, 2020: cancellations/postponements of St. Louis area events.
- Excellence Executed - TR4 first-ever Triumph Register of America restoration perfect score: Richard Lentinello in the July 2020 issue of Hemmings Classic Car documented the restoration of a 1961 TR4 that made history when it won best in show by achieving a perfect 100-point score at the Triumph Register of America national convention in Blowing Rock, North Carolina, in 2018. It was the first time since the club was founded in 1974 that not a single point was deducted during the judging process. Perfection had indeed finally won the day. This is a two part article, part one being released publicly on their website this month. Click here to view Part 1. We will add Part 2 when it is released.
- Annual Election Results: At the May 19th monthly meeting new executive offices and appointments to key club positions were announced. Only two changes were made as Dave Yannayon will replace Creig Houghtaling as Vice-President and Creig will take over from Stephen Moore as the Events Coordinator. John Willerton remains as President, Maria Moore as Treasurer, Mark Morgan as Secretary/Newsletter Editor, and Stephen Paur as Webmaster.
- SLTOA Build a Brit Contest Results In: The winners of the SLTOA Build a Brit contest were announced. Dave Massey was awarded the 1st place certificate and prize of a premium 20 piece Color Marker Set, Michael Bakalor was awarded the 2nd place certificate and a set of Jot Safety Scissors, and Maria Moore was awarded a 3rd Place certificate and the prize of Crayola Washable (and we believe edible) Glue Sticks. Click here to view the entries and certificates awarded.
- International Drive Your Triumph Day: Thanks to all those who have participated in the International Drive Your Triumph Day and submitted photos. Photos are now published on https://driveyourtriumphday.shutterfly.com/984.
- 6-Pack TR250/TR6 Owners Group Annual Meeting Photos: Congratulations to Kevin Blume, event coordinator and the entire 6-Pack TRials organization for making the annual meeting in St. Louis event a great success. Our SLTOA organization was asked to pitch in and support a number of activities and made our club and area shine during the event. Great job! Click here to visit the 6-Pack TRials website photo gallery of the event. I am sure we will see a recap in the next Exhaust Notes.
- Hemmings - A sports car classic turns 50: Remembering Triumph's TR6: Hemmings posted this interesting article about the TR6 anniversary on the web. Click here to view the article.
Rolling Sweatfest/Picnic in the Park Drive
SLTOA July Monthly Meeting
Saturday, July 18, 2020
Our leadership has planned an event that will combine a drive, Sweatfest, picnic, and the SLTOA July Monthly Meeting into one grand happening. The event will abide by Social Distancing recommendations, require masks (except when not congregating closely or eating) to make sure those in attendance can meet safely and enjoy live contact.
Creig Houghtaling, our Drive Coordinator, has planned pleasant drive starting from Bud Weil Memorial Park in Fenton though Jefferson County and return to our starting point between Noon and 1 PM for a picnic and meeting.
The park has lots of shade trees and plenty of room to spread out to eat lunch, but everyone must bring a chair. Seating available at the park will not allow folks to spread out far enough for safe social distancing during eating.
Participants for this drive/meeting may bring his or her own lunch - or may pre-order sandwich box lunch or salad box lunch made by Panera Bread Company and have them delivered to the event. Creig Houghtaling will take orders and make arrangements to have box lunches delivered to the event.
Click here for Panera Bread Box Lunch ordering details.
Note: This is not a potluck. If you plan to eat at the event everyone is responsible for bringing his or her own family lunch or ordering an individual box lunch. When not eating and social distancing not possible, face covering is required. A big thank you to each participant for his or her concern and protection of all other attendees.
Bud Weil Memorial Park
990 Gregory Lane
Fenton, Missouri 63026
Arrive at 10:00 AM for a 10:30 AM drive departure.
Click here for directions to Bud Weil Park.
2020 All British Car & Cycle Show
39th Annual Event
Saturday, September 19, 2020
The St. Louis MG Club, has announced that it is proceeding on the All British Car & Cycle Show and registration is open on the basis that by Saturday, September 19th they will be able to have the event. The will abide by county or state Covid-19 requirements and make any adjustments to put on the show but in the case of a cancellation due to the pandemic, they will refunding any registration fees.
This year's show is featuring the MGA and the Triumph TR3. A travel mug is being offered as an early registration incentive so get your's in soon. Discounted early registration will end Monday, August 24, 2020.
See the event website registration page for all details and to register online on their safe and secure website. Mail-in registration is allowed and you can find information on both registration options by clicking on the following link:
All British Car & Cycle Show Registration
We all look forward to this great event each Fall.
See Events page to view details on all events (national/regional, metro, competition, and other types of events) not listed.
2020 May Escape Drive
(also known as the SLTOA Social Distancing Drive)
Friday May 1, 2020
Click on any of the images below to view an album of photos from the event. Feel free to download any photos.
See our Events Page to view ALL Events
and Archived Photo Albums