The Saint Louis Triumph Owners Association (SLTOA) is a group of British car enthusiasts who come together under the Triumph Marque. We enjoy good food, the occasional brew and/or cocktail, good company, and good drives.
Please look around our website to see what we have to offer the Triumph community and if you can find the time visit us at one of our monthly meetings or other gatherings which are posted in our events area, by all means come on by!
Visitors are always welcome!
| Update on Club Activities due to Coronavirus Pandemic:
As of late-August, Missouri has been slowly easing restrictions. But, due to a recent upswing of Covid19 cases, this might change. On the Illinois side of the river, things have not changed over the past few weeks.
We’re going to resume posting events from roughly mid-May onward, pending an actual loosening of the restrictions. Again, we strongly recommend monitoring for announcements of postponements or cancellations. Realistically, it could be mid-August or later before gatherings such as car shows are authorized. As the situation changes, our web masters will post the information to all members and on the SLTOA web page.
Missouri guidance: https//governor.mo.gov/stay-at-home-Missouri-order-guidance-and-frequently-asked-questions
Illinois guidance: https://www2.illinois.gov/pages/executive-orders/executiveorder2020-10.aspx
Cancellations Due to Coronavirus:
Rescheduled Events (new dates shown):
- Excellence Executed - TR4 first-ever Triumph Register of America restoration perfect score: Richard Lentinello in the July 2020 issue of Hemmings Classic Car documented the restoration of a 1961 TR4 that made history when it won best in show by achieving a perfect 100-point score at the Triumph Register of America national convention in Blowing Rock, North Carolina, in 2018. It was the first time since the club was founded in 1974 that not a single point was deducted during the judging process. Perfection had indeed finally won the day. This is a two part article with both parts being released publicly on their website this month. Click here to view Part 1, here to view Part 2.
- SLTOA Build a Brit Contest Results In: The winners of the SLTOA Build a Brit contest were announced. Dave Massey was awarded the 1st place certificate and prize of a premium 20 piece Color Marker Set, Michael Bakalor was awarded the 2nd place certificate and a set of Jot Safety Scissors, and Maria Moore was awarded a 3rd Place certificate and the prize of Crayola Washable (and we believe edible) Glue Sticks. Click here to view the entries and certificates awarded.
- International Drive Your Triumph Day: Thanks to all those who have participated in the International Drive Your Triumph Day and submitted photos. Photos are now published on https://driveyourtriumphday.shutterfly.com/984.
- 6-Pack TR250/TR6 Owners Group Annual Meeting Photos: Congratulations to Kevin Blume, event coordinator and the entire 6-Pack TRials organization for making the annual meeting in St. Louis event a great success. Our SLTOA organization was asked to pitch in and support a number of activities and made our club and area shine during the event. Great job! Click here to visit the 6-Pack TRials website photo gallery of the event. I am sure we will see a recap in the next Exhaust Notes.
- Hemmings - A sports car classic turns 50: Remembering Triumph's TR6: Hemmings posted this interesting article about the TR6 anniversary on the web. Click here to view the article.
SLTOA Fall Colours Drive
Saturday, October 24, 2020
Ed Kaizer has again planned another great Fall Colours Drive. The route, up the Great River Road and through the scenic roads nearby will be similar to last year's drive but some sections will be run in reverse to add a little variety. (No...this does not mean we will be driving backwards just the opposite direction on some of the same road sections as last year).
We will meet at the McDonalds in Alton just over the Clark Bridge on Saturday, October 24 at 10:00 a.m.. We will proceed on the drive to the Grafton Winery Vineyards across from Eckart's Orchard where we will gather for fellowship, lunch, and refreshments outside at the lake. The winery does not serve food so participants will have to bring food and/or snacks for lunch. You are encouraged to purchase wine, beer, Pepsi products, and water at the winery to accompany your meal or snacks
Social distancing will be observed on the drive. Masks are required while participants are outside their cars or eating.
Any and all car club members and individuals, regardless of year or make, are welcome to join us.
Click here for directions to our starting point:
Click Fall Color Map for a map of the drive.
717 E Broadway
Alton, Illinois 62002
Contact Ed Kaizer via email (email@example.com) or call him at 618-466-4778 if you have any questions about the drive.
8th Annual SLTOA Veterans Run
Sunday, November 8, 2020
This is a very important event for our group in that it has a purpose. This is the only event that we ask for contributions to participate. Contributions are not required but 100% of proceeds are donated to a veterans organization.
Other British car clubs, prospective members of SLTOA, and anyone who wants to honor our veterans are invited and welcome to attend. This is a great drive that in years past featured our SLTOA Music Director/Bagpipe instructor Dave Massey kicking off the drive with a rendition of armed services anthems to ho.
We will meet at the McDonalds in Columbia, Illinois, at 10 a.m. and travel south into Illinois. The route features a flats and bluffs drive south to Chester and the Popeye statue, followed by a run across the river to the Perryville National Veterans Memorial.
Click on the McDonalds link for a map.
300 Columbia Center
Columbia, Illinois 62236
See Events page to view details on all events (national/regional, metro, competition, and other types of events) not listed.
2020 July Sweatfest
(also known as the SLTOA Social Distancing Drive)
Saturday July 18, 2020
Click on any of the images below to view an album of photos from the event. Feel free to download any photos.
See our Events Page to view ALL Events
and Archived Photo Albums