What did I do? What needed done? Who cares, just fix it!
- Fresh paint after major steam cleaning
- MIG welded: The passenger side rear damper mount, passenger side
cross member welds and anything else that looked
- Replaced brake hoses, brake light switch.
- Rebuilt brake master cylinder. Cleaned and re-routed brake line
- Turned rotors, drums, installed new pads and shoes, packed bearings
- Koni shocks cleaned, re-installed
- Upper bushings installed, the rest were replaced by Previous Owner...
- New body to frame mount kit
- Replaced a few suspect grease nipples, including new grease
- Rear main cap seal
- Sump seal
- Oil pump strainer
- Valve cover gasket (Justin Wagoner brand!)
- Replaced all hoses and clamps
- New temp sender
- New steel fuel line, replacing 15 foot of 1/4 inch rubber line!
- Header cleaned and painted
- New Monza aluminized exhaust system, & factory hanger kit
- Custom pipes to fill in the missing exhaust. Monza systems are NOT exact
replacements, and there is a note saying such if you buy one (after you buy
it). I added a
section between the header and front pipe, and a section between the front
and rear pipes (Approx three foot of pipe was used to accomplish this task)
- Rear diff gasket, cleaned and refilled
Body: (Absolutely no rust through can be found, lucky me!)
- Fresh paint "under body" after major steam cleaning
- Fresh paint in engine compartment (Black but it was black already, will be
body colored when I repaint in x years)
- A few stress cracks Mig welded on the floor pans. Due to seat stress?
- A handful of holes Mig welded that were drilled in the floor pans by a PO
for some unknown reason?
- Mig welded a crack in the lower front valance
- Door tracks cleaned, new rubber & fuzzy stuff
- New boot seal
- White Toneau cover (original color, NOS Amco)
- Painted inside of tub white, as original
- Purchased (missing) aluminum dash support, painted wrinkle black installed
- Made missing radio blank dash support filler out of 1988 IBM XT Computer
case, using a friends for a template. Priced on Ebay got as high as 75 dollars
for this, I don't think so! (pics)
Who needs a radio, I want to hear the engine
- Replaced aftermarket oil gauge with correct Jaeger oil gauge and new
- Replaced Amp gauge with reconditioned gauge from "Fred Thomas" and yes the
case is powder coated
- Cleaned all gauges and re-installed them
- Replaced suspect carpet with extras I had
- Cleaned and reinstalled all door handles and knobs etc